If you follow me on Instagram, you can see that I’ve been making more rings from pipecleaners and I’ve been modeling them after a Martha Stewart tutorial. These are really fun and sooooo easy to make and I wanted to share them with you on the chance you’ll have as much fun with them as I have. You can check out the MS tutorial here.
Have a great weekend, guys!
how i made mine
I made mine slightly different than the Martha Stewart tutorial. Rather than use foot-long pipecleaners for the petals, I used 6 inch lengths because I wanted to keep my ring fairly small — the ring in these photos is slightly larger than a quarter. Also, I bound my petals two at a time rather than form them in a bundle all at once. Since the pipecleaner strands are only 6 inches, it’s easier to organize and form smaller “petals”.
1. wrap a foot-long pipecleaner around your ring finger and secure it by twisting it twice
2. roll the 2 ends to form the leaves
3. cut 4 foot-long pipecleaners in half — these will be the petals
4. wrap each petal pipecleaner in between the two leaves and secure by twisting in place twice
5. roll the ends to form petals
6. arrange the petals into a “flowery” shape
7. pinch the leaves at the ends to make a bit more pointy
8. that’s it!
futura medium (osx native font)