I realize that I should’ve written this post a few weeks ago, but this idea just popped into my head this morning as I was waking up. This is the first gift guide I’ve ever compiled. None of it should come as a surprise, though. I’ve blogged about most of these things at one point or another. So, here they are — some things I think a blogger might like. Or rather, some things a blogger like myself might like, and maybe, since you’re reading this blog, we (me and you and your blogger pals) may like the same things. Anyway, I already own and love all of these things, except for that gorgeous camera satchel.
Design elements are a fun way to add a bit of visual delight to your blog posts. I love to use mini graphic elements — tiny sequins and ribbons, even tiny candies — in my tutorials. I just get a kick out of how cute they are! Anyway, you can buy these elements individually for yourself at the Marketplace, or you can buy them for a blog pal as part of the Blog Bling Kit. (Note: The following graphic elements, except for the Velvet Ribbons (Part 2), can be purchased as part of the first Blog Bling Kit.)
I don’t use my pre-made photo layouts all the time, but when I’m in a hurry, or have a lot of images to display, they really come in handy. If you’re buying a gift for a busy blogger, one who works with a lot of images and collages, my photo layout templates might be helpful! I have some for free and some are part of my Extras Membership. Others layouts can be purchased a la carte via the Marketplace or as a collection in my Photo Layouts Kit.
The Tangible Things
- Eraser: Who doesn’t need a great eraser?
- Mechanical Pencil: Great for brainstorming ideas for new posts and for doodling.
- Rabito iPhone Case: Every phone needs ears at least once in its lifetime.
- Wacom Tablet: A tablet is great, but you really gotta practice with these babies.
- Ona Camera Bag: It’s really beautiful and my heart is breaking that I don’t own one.
- Pre-made Confetti: Perfect for stuffing into happy blogger cards.
- 1-Inch Craft Punch: Make your own confetti. Time-consuming, but worth it.
- Glassine Envelopes: Classic and classy.
- Diana Mini Camera: When you get tired of digital, go Lomo.
- Blank Business Cards: For DIY blogger card designs.
- Cute Mousepad: Generates smiles while mousing.
- ABC Custom Stamp Kit: Print custom business cards with this stamp.
- Tomorrow Planner: Perfect for scheduling your 2013 editorial calendar.
- Lula Magazine: Fashion and style inspiration.
- Uppercase Magazine: Culture and craft inspiration.
- Moleskine Notebook: Record those brilliant ideas before they slip away.
- Washi tape: Ever useful, all-purpose, and good-lookin’ tape.
- Kawaii Pens: Just can’t get enough.
For more awesome gift guides for every single person in your life, take a look at Note to Self, Miss Moss, Design Sponge, Creature Comforts, Design for Mankind, and the Bubby Bean 2012 Holiday Wish List.
box outlines (tutorial)
asos-inspired drop shadows (tutorial)
blog collage exercise (tutorial)
blending modes (photoshop tutorial)
rabito iphone case (noteworthy)
penmanship and wacom tablets (tutorial)
tomorrow planner (eat darling eat)
lula mag no. 15 (mag-nificent)
calling cards (diy)